SDL VNC Server module (v2)
Time for a version two! There’s a new version of the patch to SDL 1.2.14. You need a clean source tree with this, so remove v1 of the patch before applying this one.
- Mouse cursors now work correctly.
- You can now disable the “always shared” function of the VNC server and allow a client to take exclusive control with SDL_VNC_ALWAYS_SHARED="0".
- You can change the display number manually with SDL_VNC_DISPLAY.
- 8 bpp displays are now supported.
- pygame applications work at 16, 24 and 32 bpp display depths. 8 doesn’t work properly.
- This module now lies by default about the supported display depths reported by SDL_ListModes. It defaults to 16 bpp only, in order to make pygame work properly. You can change what it says this with SDL_VNC_DEPTH, or setting it to 0 to say all depths are supported. This doesn’t limit calls to SDL_SetVideoMode.
- You can tell the VNC server to ignore all client events by setting SDL_VNC_VIEW_ONLY="1".
There’s also a README.VNC included, which documents the functionality of the library and use of it’s environment variables.
Edit (2010-08-29): Just to clarify, this software is licensed under the same terms as SDL 1.2.14 itself, the GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1, or at your option, any later version as published by the Free Software Foundation, Inc.